The cold weather and dark evenings are the perfect excuse for snuggling up on the sofa preferably in front of a real fire or surrounded by dozens of lit candles.
There is more to a comfortable and cosy home than putting on a pair of woolly socks and turning up the central heating. Like this luxurious Tibetan lamb fur newly available on home-lust.com ...
From furs to open fires, decadent textiles and soft furnishings, here are a few simple style touches to make your home more hygge this winter, now that arctic temperatures have finally kicked in (secretly loving the crisp cold out there).
1. Texture. Add soft layers and homey touches without spending a fortune. Do this with layered floor coverings, fur rugs, cosy throws and home textiles, knitted accessories, velvet finish fabrics, wall coverings and lots of cheery cushions that are guaranteed to bring warmth into your home and a smile on your face.
2. Atmosphere. Articulate your home space by creating cosy lounging nooks and reading corners with lanterns, some coffee table books, a teaset on a sidetable, some warm metallic touches and accessories. An antique rug in vibrant hues brings texture and warmth to a space while some scattered books and natural complements create a lived-in, chalet-style feel.
3. Lighting. When nights become longer lighting is really important to set a perfect atmosphere, and is also therapeutic (see hygge above). Fill your home with pillar candles on metallic trays, glass domes and bottles with string lights, place incense and scented candles on a mantlepiece, pile dozens of candles in an empty fireplace and on windowsills ... make yourself a cuppa, turn on Netflix and relax.
4. Colour. Paint is a great way to instantly make over a room without spending too much, and dark, dramatic wall colours make any space feel more inviting. Add metallic and neon accents and some white home accessories and ceramics to create an outstandingly modern yet comfy abode. Read home-lust.com's colour trends and home decor tips report here.
5. Greenery. Last but not least, the green factor. People often forget how important plants are in winter. Sure, we fill vases with large bunches of flowers twice-weekly throughout the year, but keeping the green element in your home during winter is even more important for your overall mood and wellbeing. Winter greenery such as eucalyptus sprigs, berry branches, ferns and twigs create a natural, cosy display. Hang up a DIY garland of evergreens over the fireplace, place large vases with even larger branches all around the house and in front of windows for maximum effect.
Extras: Winter Warmers. When your home is bursting to the brim with flickering candles and you feel cosy under the softest of throws, make sure you have one of these around. Here are some sinful sippers for a wicked winter in this winter Pinterest collection.
Delve into the season's tantalisingly tactile textile trends and warming homey accessories that can help you cosy up your abode on home-lust.com here:
For more snuggle inspiration, browse our Pinterest board ...
View this post on Instagram
It's time to deck the halls and wrap those Christmas gifts. Whatever your festive style, we have just the things to make your loved ones happy and your home sparkle.⠀ ⠀ We are delighted to offer our customers 10% off our collections this festive season: use code FESTIVEDEAL to avail of 10% off on your entire order on all items in our collections, including furniture. And to make it extra special, we're also offering free delivery.⠀ Use code FREESHIPPING at check-out. ⠀ Minimum purchase: €100. Use until January 7, 2019.⠀ ⠀ Shop our festive fare and gift ideas on home-lust.com/collections/christmas⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️⠀ Home Lust Concept Store, the home of lustful #luxeminimalism & #affordableluxury | Shop on home-lust.com⠀ ♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️ ⠀ #irishshop #irishstore #interiors⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #shopirish #buyirish⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #shopindependent #shoplocal⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #dublin #ireland ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #homedecor #furnitureshop ⠀⠀⠀ #christmas #irishinteriors⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #christmasdecorations #giftideas #festivedecor⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #christmasgifts #gifting #smallbusiness #shopsmall #shopsmallireland