For many of us, December is when we rediscover our inner festive planner: the house decked out in the prettiest of colours, the candles in the windows lit every evening at dusk, Christmas songs on repeat ... and making plans for the all-important Christmas feast.
1. A wonderfully laid-out dining table is what really sets the festive scene in any home. Crisp and natural table linens and napkins, interesting and impressive dinnerware, a carefullly considered set-up and placement are a real must. Add natural and metallic decoration pieces to your table for added impact.
2. It's not just about the dinner. Create a truly enchanting setting for your festive feast by draping cosy sheepskins and snuggly blankets over seat backs that will bring instant warmth and conviviality to the setting.
3. Let there be lots of light. Creating soft and evocative festive lighting can be an art form in itself. A sea of candles, from tealights to pillar candles candlesticks, will produce soft pools of flickering light that add to the magical atmosphere.
4. Keep it simple and natural. Make or purchase garlands of natural foliage and greenery, and use them as table centrepieces and hang them along furniture, walls and windows.
1. Nordic Noel: Try a combination of monochrome black, white and grey geometric tableware and accessories, add a touch of matte metallics, untreated wood and natural elements.
2. Rustic and Refined: A pared-down take on the traditional green and red Christmas look, it incorporates rustic-look ceramics and some metallic accents.
3. Sparkling Silver: A little sparkle, a little shimmer, lots of satin greys, silvered and smoked glass and sophisticated lighting it's what this look is about.
4. Gold and Glamourous: An opulent but understated look when paired with dark green and greys, black and natural tones.
5. Cool and Contemporary: This look is about stone, concrete and light grey tones paired with warm, playful copper and quirky pattern plays.
These were some of our favourite festive table settings idea covering all styles from traditional to minimalist to art deco. Let us know which style you go for this Christmas on Instagram and Facebook.
View this post on Instagram
It's time to deck the halls and wrap those Christmas gifts. Whatever your festive style, we have just the things to make your loved ones happy and your home sparkle.⠀ ⠀ We are delighted to offer our customers 10% off our collections this festive season: use code FESTIVEDEAL to avail of 10% off on your entire order on all items in our collections, including furniture. And to make it extra special, we're also offering free delivery.⠀ Use code FREESHIPPING at check-out. ⠀ Minimum purchase: €100. Use until January 7, 2019.⠀ ⠀ Shop our festive fare and gift ideas on home-lust.com/collections/christmas⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️⠀ Home Lust Concept Store, the home of lustful #luxeminimalism & #affordableluxury | Shop on home-lust.com⠀ ♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️ ⠀ #irishshop #irishstore #interiors⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #shopirish #buyirish⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #shopindependent #shoplocal⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #dublin #ireland ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #homedecor #furnitureshop ⠀⠀⠀ #christmas #irishinteriors⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #christmasdecorations #giftideas #festivedecor⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #christmasgifts #gifting #smallbusiness #shopsmall #shopsmallireland